Quotes

If you want to sing out, sing out, and if you want to be free, be free, cause there's a million ways to be, you know that there are.
--Cat Stevens

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WIP Wednesday's: Practice knitting and a cabled afghan


I have been running on auto-pilot for a while and this blog has fallen on the wayside. I am pickign it back up and wanted to participate in Work in Progress Wednesdays with Tami's Amis. I have finished a bunch of projects this week and I was lamenting to my Pat that I wasn't going to have anything to post as a WIP--which would of course cause me to procrastinate working on the blog.He was kind enough to offer me the scarf he is working on to share.


This is Amsterdam Lace Shawl. Pat and I both began working on this pattern at the same time about a month ago. Pat taught himself to knit almost two years ago, after the death of his maternal grandmother. His grandmother was an avid knitter and crocheter, so he decided to learn to knit as a way to feel closer to her and carry on her legacy. I have crocheted since I was a teenager but have never manged to knit despite trying to teach myself via the various internet resources. My sister taught me to knit this summ
er

and I have been practicing. I was feeling bored and ambitious and chose this pattern. After frogging it about a billion times I have concluded it was slightly too difficult for my barely being able to knit and purl. Last night I cast on to make a large rectangle in stockinette stitch to practice. IF I Have enough yarn I may edge it a
nd turn it in a baby blanket.


And finally while organizing my crochet project I found this. I have been working on this on and off since Christmas when my wond

erful mother gave me the yarn for it. I have found it quite enjoyable, and I had wanted to learn how to cable. But I have found it quite easy this is my mindless project. I can talk, watch TV and work on this without missing a stitch all at the same time, which is probably why I forgot about it even though I just finished 2 more squares on Sunday. I have 11 squares done but I just took a picture of one of each of the ones I have done.


3 comments:

  1. Nice squares: are you aiming for a sampler afghan ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. They are for this sampler http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/classic-cabled-sampler

    ReplyDelete