Quotes

If you want to sing out, sing out, and if you want to be free, be free, cause there's a million ways to be, you know that there are.
--Cat Stevens

Friday, March 1, 2013

National Crochet Month

March is National Crochet Month!  March is also my birth month, and I have been wanting to get things here on my blog going again.  I had been thinking the first day of March would be a good day to kick things off again.  
I have been taking a full time french course with a number of other immigrants.  It has been a wonderful experience.  I have learned a lot and made some fantastic friends, but it has also has been exhausting.  I have also not been feeling well this past six months or so, and so it has been difficult to find the denergy to work on my blog and designing.
Last March Stacey Trock of FreshStitches hosted a Knit and Crochet Design Week and I participated creating a an Elephant baby hat.
 I had intended to finish and publish the pattern for this hat and open a shop last spring and life got in the way.  Since then I have finished 2 new samples I am much happier with and have more notes to work with.  One of my goals for this month is to finish the pattern and get it tested by a few more people.  I think I will end up making at least one more sample while writing as that seems to be the way I think best.

I would like also to take a post or two to talk about what crochet and subsequently knitting and fiber have added to my life.  Crocheting has helped me through some difficult times and has become a way that I express my love and affection for others.  It is also one of my favorite creative outlets and often brings me a pure quiet joy.  I would like to take some time to write more about these thought both for myself and for the wider world.

I am working on a couple of large projects that I haven't shared that would be perfect to  talk about during this month and will probably have at least two more small patterns finished this month.

I know most of you don't know me well yet and I have been out of touch with the blogging world for a while but if you have ideas for things you would like to hear about in the next month especially those things concerning crochet.  I would love to hear your ideas.  

No comments:

Post a Comment