Quotes

If you want to sing out, sing out, and if you want to be free, be free, cause there's a million ways to be, you know that there are.
--Cat Stevens

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Unicorn and Socks

My unicorn is coming along very well. I had hoped to finish him by Friday but I don`t think I will have time to finish the mane. I am not sure if he is going to stay with me or find a new friend elsewhere.  I had planned on giving him to the daughter of one of my friends for Christmas 2012 but that obviously never happened. I had considered giving it to my niece for her birthday but the eyes aren`t really baby-safe. Maybe the unicorn will hang out with me for a while and then find a new home for next Christmas.
The yarn I showed you Wednesday is done. I followed a video and managed to sort of chain ply it .  It is drying now and I will show it to you Friday.
I am almost finished with the gussets on my socks. I have had a few issues so they are kind of ugly. 
Secret knitting is fun and makes my heart burst with joy.  I am planning a major project and am just about ready to start swatching.  I have some other secret knitting and crocheting I am preparing for as well.
As For books I forgot to take a picture.  I finished Funny Boys and can't decide if I liked it or not.  It's kind of a gangster book and it's pretty funny and fairly sad but left me feeling kind of unresolved.  I am still reading the Great Hunt by Robert Jordanson, and I started listening to I Still dream of you by Fannie Flagg.

2 comments:

  1. Just preparing to talk to my kids about Unicorns and their connection to Scottish history tomorrow -- funny to pop over here and see you are knitting one!!

    Also funny that you use the term "secret knitting" since I use that too and don't know many people that do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote to keep the unicorn. Too cute to give away.

    ReplyDelete